Typical Scope of Study
– Verification of statutory compliance with respect to Indian Electricity standards
– Physical inspection to identify electrical hazards (shock, fire, explosion, overloading) and to suggest electrical
– Review of plant lightning protection system (need, adequacy, installation and maintenance)
– Review of static electricity hazards in plant operations (if applicable)
– Review of hazardous area classification and selection of flameproof electrical equipment in the plant, including
maintenance aspects (if applicable)
– Review of electrical preventive maintenance system (including tests, documentation, history cards, etc).
– Review of electrical accidents and near misses in the plant to identify root causes
– Review of electrical systems & procedures (work permits, interlocks, lockout tags, etc).
– Review of the importance given to electrical safety in the company safety policy, safety committee, continuous
electrical risk identification, etc.
– Assessing the integrity of insulation of cables by carrying out insulation resistance tests on a sample basis
– Review of the earthing system (installation & maintenance aspects), including sample earth resistance tests
– To identify areas of overloading by carrying out load current measurements and compare against cable current carrying
– Hotspot detection using infra-red hot spot detection equipment/ thermal imaging (as necessary).